1. What is the Adult Learning Symposium about?
The Adult Learning Symposium (ALS) is one of Singapore's leading Symposiums on the topic of adult learning and training. Held this year on 10-11 July at Raffles City Convention Centre, the Symposium brings together stakeholders in people development and learning, and features local and international practitioners in the training field. The Symposium is organised by the Institute for Adult Learning (IAL), a division of the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA).
The theme of this year's ALS is Transforming CET: Innovation in Workplace Practice and Learning
It focuses on the areas of:
- New media and technology
- Enhancements in practice
- Community and collaboration
By attending this Symposium, you will:
- Gain insights into the latest research in learning and training
- Develop your own best-practices in workplace learning
- Check out the latest learning tools and technology, as well as emerging new training approaches
2. What is the official language for the Symposium?
The official working language for the Symposium is English. All sessions will be conducted in English.
3. What is the dress code for the Symposium?
Business attire is requested, for both the Symposium and the networking cocktails.
4. Is complimentary parking provided?
Complimentary parking is not available at the Symposium.
5. Will meals (e.g. Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) be provided?
There will be two teabreaks and lunch served each day. On the first day of the symposium, a networking reception is catered for all participants in the evening.
6. Will there be designated seating?
No, there will not be designated seating. Seating is based on first-come first-served basis.
7. Is Internet access available?
Internet access is not available at the Symposium. However, Internet access cards are available for purchase on your own account from the Business Center. Each access card gains you 24 hours usage and costs S$58.85nett.
Registration and Payment
1. What is the cost for registration?
The registration fees are as follows:
Delegate type Early bird (ENDED ON 16TH JUNE 2014) Standard AEN Members S$535 nett S$749 nett Non-AEN Members & International Delegates S$802.50 nett S$941.60 nett
Please note the above fees do not include hotel accommodation or airport transfers.
The fee includes:
- 2-Day Symposium pass, providing full access to plenary sessions and concurrent sessions, including lunches and tea-breaks, on 10 & 11 July (for 1 individual only)
- An invitation to the networking cocktail on 10 July (for 1 individual only)
2. Does the registration fee include travel and/or accommodation?
No. However should you require hotel accommodation during the period of the Symposium, you are advised to consider either Fairmont Hotel or Swissotel Stamford, as both these hotels are located just next to the Symposium venue.
3. How do I register?
You may sign up for the Symposium via our registration page.
4. How can I pay for the Symposium?
Payment may be made by cheque, credit card, telegraphic transfer or via Vendors@GOV. An invoice/ receipt may be sent if requested.
5. Are there any cancellation policies, refunds?
Please note that payment has to be made upon receipt of the confirmation email and that no refund will be made for any cancellation. The organiser reserves the right to cancel the reserved seat if payment is not made within 2 weeks upon the receipt of the confirmation email.